|If Shop Till You Drop is to continue, the group will need a new leader. Janie has all the information needed for that individual, such as malls, names of stores, driving directions, lunch suggestions, phone numbers, meeting places, etc. She will be happy to share. The group always has a great time. Are you interested to lead this group?|
What’s more fun than getting with friendly people and taking off together for some serious shopping activity? “SHOP TILL YOU DROP” is just that…PLUS the perfect chance to lunch with the group in a nearby nice restaurant.
Janie Harnett (339-4528)
- Shoppers, male and female, should be in good standing with U Club.
- Shoppers should watch for monthly information in the club newsletter or by e-mail.
- Shoppers wishing to participate must make reservations with the chairperson prior to the designated deadline. (EX…If the group’s excursion date is the 3rd Wednesday of the month, reservations would be due on the Monday prior.)
- Shoppers would meet at a specified location to carpool to the designated locale. Departure time would be determined by distance.
- We would need some shoppers to drive. Passengers in each car will be expected to give drivers a pre-determined amount to pay for gas.
- At midpoint during the shopping activity, shoppers will break for lunch. This would be approximately 11:45AM.
- “Shoppers” can resume shopping after lunch. Some drivers may wish to leave earlier than others. This can be worked out within the group.
LET’S GO, LADIES…JOIN THE FUN!
Shoppers~We are heading down HWY 37 to Bedford to check out shops that several people have spoken highly of, namely “Pretty Woman” and a nice consignment shop called “Aunt Kate’s”. Bedford also has a JC Penney store, if you’re interested. Lunch will be at a recently opened sandwich shop, called Limestone Cafe that offers sandwiches with cute, interesting names, salads, soups, and beautiful, enticing desserts. Comments on their website are all favorable. We hope you will be able to join us! PS…thanks to Linda Burton, Linda Gregory, and Ann Whittridge for helping me plan for this trip. SHOP TILL YOU DROP….Janie Harnett * 339-4528 email@example.com
April 17th Destination: Bedford, Indiana
Restaurant: Limestone Cafe. Meet at 12 noon for lunch.
Date and Time: Weds., April 17th at 9:30am sharp.
Where to Meet: Marsh Supermarket parking lot on Kinser Pike near the concrete block wall.
Pay Driver: $3
Deadline for Reservation: Monday, April 15th…..please call or e-mail me if you plan to go.
We will have driving directions for the drivers. (Depending on the number going, we may need drivers.)
****Dates to circle on your calendar for the year 2013 “SHOP TILL YOU DROP”.
No STYD Sept. thru Feb.