Join the University Club
Everyone is welcome at the University Club!
Membership in the University Club is open to faculty, librarians, staff, and to Alumni members and to community members who share the social and intellectual interests of the Club.
University and community members dues notice is sent in May and must be paid by July 15. Dues are delinquent after July 15. Dues are $60 for a single membership and $80 for a family membership. Delinquent members will not be included in the membership directory and must pay the guest rate if attending functions. Delinquent members are not eligible to reserve U Club facilities.
Life membership is offered to faculty or staff members upon retirement. Retired faculty and staff must fill out a life member card yearly to have their dues paid by the university. The Life membership cards are available in the Club office and are also mailed to retired faculty and staff once a year. Retired IU Faculty and Staff Membership Mail in Form on the website (IU will pay your dues if you send in the Life Membership Form each year.)
Members are urged to notify the Club Manager of a change of address or when going on sabbatical or out of town for an extended period of time. The Post Office does not forward items mailed in bulk and all mail returned to the Club incurs a charge. If requested, the Club Manager will hold mailings for retrieval at a later time.
University Club Member Benefits
- We have reciprocity with IUPUI so you can use your University Club membership at IUPUI enjoying lunch at the Faculty Club in the University Place Conference Center in Indianapolis. Call 317-274-7014 and Brenda Benefiel will be happy to assist you. Just tell her you are a member of the University Club of Indiana University.The Association of College and University Clubs is a global network of campus affiliated private clubs serving university faculty, staff, alumni, and local community professionals. ACUC is the leader in providing reciprocal membership privileges and continuing management education for clubs located in university communities. The Association serves as an information resource and exchange for member clubs, and provides assistance to faculty organizations contemplating club development.
- The Club library, reading room, and the pool room may be used by members at no charge. Relax, read, bring your lunch, do paperwork, enjoy a cup of coffee or tea, play one of our pianos, or visit with colleagues. If you would like your own key to the Club, call the Club or send an e-mail.
- You can shoot a game of pool in our upstairs pool room. The members who regularly play sure would like some new players. They come in around noon during the week but you can play pool anytime you like; just ask for a key to the pool room.
- As a member of the University Club, you can rent the two large Club rooms at the special Club membership rate and bring in your own food. Our kitchens are fully equipped. If you are planning a catered event at the University Club, the IU Catering staff will be happy to assist you.
- Members can pick up e-mail while in the Club on the two computers reserved for member use.
- The University Club is a member of the Bloomington Chamber of Commerce, All club members are eligible to take advantage of chamber activities, events and After Hours. These are listed on their web site: www.chamber.bloomington.in.us and their phone number is -(812) 336-6381.
- Club members may park in the Indiana Memorial Union lots at reduced rates. See the club hostess for your ticket stamp.
- All members are invited to all University Club events. Yes, gentlemen, you are welcome to attend the University Women’s Club programs; and yes, ladies, you are welcome to attend the Men’s Faculty Club
Membership Application Form (PLEASE download, print and mail) membership application [PDF]
Payroll Deduction for IU Faculty and Staff Payroll Deducion Form
The University Club is the umbrella organization under which we have the University Women’s Club, and the Luncheon Club (the merged Mens’ Faculty Club and the Womens’ Faculty and Staff Club.When you join the University Club, you automatically become a member of the two constituent clubs.
If you are still uncertain about this arrangement, please call the Club, 855-1325, and the University Club manager, Barb Aspy, will be happy to answer your questions.
Currently there are two constituent clubs under the umbrella of the University Club. In 2009 the Women’s Faculty and Staff and the Men’s Faculty Club decided to merge. The newly formed merged group is called the Luncheon Club with a board of seven with representatives from the women faculty and staff and from the men’s faculty, staff and the community.